- Sole Practitioner
Scott Gladstone is a business litigation and construction law attorney with wide and varied experience in conflicts between businesses and among principals in the same business. He regularly appears before the Courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and has represented parties in arbitrations and mediations. Scott has been a senior associate at two large downtown Boston firms, Ruberto, Israel & Weiner and Rubin & Rudman and he started his career as an Assistant Public Defender in Dekalb County Georgia. He has been practicing law since 1993 and running his own litigation practice since 2003.
Scott's current practice concentrates in the following areas:
- Representing owners, contractors and sureties in construction disputes in residential, commercial and public building projects.
- Representing non-construction clients in general business matters, such as: contract disputes, property line disputes, commercial tenant-landlord disputes, disputes between partners in closely held businesses and other fiduciary duty issues.
- Representing property owners before local boards in zoning and special permitting matters.
- Representing restaurants seeking liquor licensing from local licensing authority.
Scott has also been trained as a mediator by Metropolitan Mediation Services of Brookline, Massachusetts and has successfully mediated conflicts concerning: condo association dues, wage claims, insurance coverage, consumer protection, unpaid loans, and contractor-homeowner disputes. Using his experience as a litigator, Scott has garnered a reputation as a mediator who very quickly assimilates facts and identifies what matters most to the parties as well as potential areas of common interests. The parties that come before Scott invariably feel like they have been heard and validated; however, they also appreciate Scott's firm no-nonsense approach to problem solving.
Scott received his undergraduate degree from Brandeis University in 1990 and a law degree from Northeastern University School of Law in 1993. He is a member of both the Georgia and Massachusetts Bars. Scott has been an elected member of Brookline Town Meeting since 2001 and he is an officer of Temple Emeth of Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation 35%
- Construction Law 25%
- Land Use and Zoning and Liquor Licensing Issues 25%
- Business Mediation 10%
- General Counsel Services for Business Clients 5%
- Business & Commercial Law
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate Disputes
- Corporation Disputes
- Contract Disputes
- Non-Competition Agreements
- Mediation & Collaborative Law
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Massachusetts, 1994
- Georgia, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1993
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1993
- Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1990
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: History
- South Shore Millwork, Norton Massachusetts
- Bodyscapes Fitness
- Osaka Japanese Sushi & Steakhouse
- Kenneth Goldstein, Goldstein & Herndon, LLP
- Arthur Sneider, Sneider and Kellman
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member, 2002 to 2014
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Ruberto, Israel & Weiner, Associate, 2000 to 2003
- Rubin and Rudman, Associate, 1997 to 2000
Pro Bono Activities
- Officer, Temple Emeth Chestnut Hill (2006-Present)
- Board Member - Camp Yavneh
- Sigma Alpha Mu