Land Use, Zoning and Licensing
Concentrating mainly in Brookline, Massachusetts, where he is a longstanding respected elected member of Town Meeting, Scott appears before local boards and commissions in the following areas:
- Appearing before the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals seeking special permits and variances.
- Appearing before the Planning Board seeking approval of commercial signage designs.
- Appearing before the Preservation Commission seeking permits to perform construction on historic structures and in local historic districts.
- Advising property owners on the best approaches to a construction project in order to minimize the need for special permits, or how to be most successful when requiring one.
- Appearing before the Board of Selectmen seeking food and liquor licenses (including changes in hours and managers).
- Appearing before the Transportation Board seeking valet parking licenses.
Outside of the permitting area, Scott represents property owners in disputes concerning property lines and easements.